Chennai is mainly famous for its marina beach, industrial opportunities, culture & events, but what makes it more attractive are its rooftop restaurants. If you’re visiting Chennai or are a city resident, you must check out these beautiful restaurants in Chennai to experience the city’s vibe.
Imagine sitting under the open sky with light music, your favourite drink, and a person to enjoy the restaurant’s ambience. Feels dreamy, right? You can experience this in real life at the best rooftop restaurants in Chennai. Read this blog to explore the best restaurants in Chennai to spend a beautiful evening with your friends or bae.
Best Rooftop Restaurants In Chennai You Must Check Out
Experience gourmet at its best, sitting at the top of Chennai’s most famous building in Nungambakkam. La Cabana Rooftop Bar & Grill is among the renowned rooftop restaurants in Chennai, offering delicious food with entertainment. Whether you want to have a fun evening with friends or a romantic date with bae, La Cabana is the perfect place to spend an enjoyable evening with your loved ones.
Cost for two: ₹2000
Timings: 6 pm to 11:30 pm
Must-Try Dishes At La Cabana
- Cheesy Nachos: A mouthwatering snack featuring crispy tortilla chips generously smothered in gooey melted cheese, often accompanied by toppings like jalapeños, salsa, and sour cream for a delightful indulgence.
- Double Cheese Margherita Pizza: A classic Italian delight featuring a thin, oven-baked crust topped with a rich layer of tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and an extra layer of melted cheese.
A cosy, ambient cafe perfect for unwinding after a tiring day, Trella is one of the most relaxed place in Chennai. With a colourful interior, ferry lights, and open sky, the restaurant offers a soothing atmosphere to its guests. Have a coffee or chit-chat with your friends. The restaurant offers a great ambience to have fun with your loved ones.
Cost for two: ₹1500
Timings: 12 to 11:30 pm
Check Out: Best 16 Cafes in Delhi
Must-Try Dishes At Trella
- Peri-Peri Fries: A savoury delight featuring crispy French fries seasoned with a spicy and tangy peri-peri spice blend. These zesty fries offer a burst of flavour and a hint of heat.
- Schezwan Fried Rice: A flavourful Chinese dish made with stir-fried rice, vegetables, and a spicy Schezwan sauce, creating a delicious fusion of textures and tastes.
Sudaka Sky Lounge Bar
In a party mood? Head to Sudaka Sky Lounge in T. Nagar to experience the nightlife of Chennai. Dance, party, or just crack jokes with friends, Sudaka has the perfect vibe & ambience to raise your spirits. They also offer delicious street food to their guests. Take your friends, bae, or both to experience a fun vibe at Sudaka.
Cost for two: ₹1600
Timings: 12 to 11:30 pm
Location: T. Nagar
Must-Try Dishes At Sudaka Sky Lounge Bar
- Chilli Paneer: A popular Indo-Chinese appetiser featuring cubes of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) stir-fried with colourful bell peppers, onions, and a spicy, tangy sauce, creating a flavorful and mildly spicy dish.
- Mushroom Salt & Pepper: An appetiser featuring sliced mushrooms seasoned with salt, cracked black pepper, and other spices, then stir-fried to create a savoury and aromatic dish.
Experience luxury dining at one of the most luxurious rooftop eateries in Chennai. Koox is a high-end Asian dining cafe situated in Nandanam. Its interior is no less than a 5-star gourmet restaurant serving you the best. If you’re planning a romantic date with bae, Koox can be your top choice among the best romantic rooftop restaurants in Chennai. You can also have a fun evening with your friends at this ambient cafe.
Cost for two: ₹2000
Timings: 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm and 6 pm to 12 am
Must-Try Dishes At Koox
- Yaki Soba: A Japanese stir-fried noodle dish prepared with wheat noodles, vegetables, and a protein like chicken or tofu, all seasoned with a savoury sauce for a flavourful meal.
- Sushi: A Japanese delicacy consisting of vinegared rice, often paired with raw or cooked seafood, vegetables, and sometimes tropical fruits, wrapped in seaweed or served as bite-sized pieces.
Asvah 24 is a mesmerising outdoor seating eatery around the beach. Situated in Neelangarai, Asvah offers an exquisite dining experience to its guests. Take your bae out on an unforgettable date or spend family time with your parents. The restaurant offers an excellent ambience for both moods. Asvah 24’s location, atmosphere, and vibe make it one of the best rooftop restaurants in Chennai, which you must check out while in the city.
Cost for two: ₹1200
Timings: 11 am to 11 pm
Must-Try Dishes At Asvah 24
- Italian Bruschetta: A rustic appetiser featuring grilled bread rubbed with garlic, drizzled with olive oil, and topped with diced tomatoes, fresh basil, and balsamic vinegar.
- Pasta: Indulge in the delicious pasta spaghetti or penne in various sauces specially cooked at Asvah.
This is the perfect restaurant to take your bae on a date, seriously! The seating around a big pool gives beach vibes, making it the ideal place for a romantic lunch. Sitting around the pool sipping your favourite drink with your special someone can be the best experience in Chennai. So, if you’re planning a romantic date or just a simple hangout with friends, Aqua is among the best rooftop restaurants in Chennai you must check out.
Cost for two: ₹3800
Timings: 7 pm to 11:30 pm
Must-Try Dishes At Aqua
- Cheesy Potato Wedges: Thick potato slices seasoned, fried until golden, and smothered with melted cheese.
- Pesto Aloo Tikka: An Indian appetiser blending traditional aloo tikka with basil pesto. Potatoes are marinated, grilled, and infused with aromatic pesto, offering a unique fusion of Indian and Italian flavours.
The Living Room
Among the top cafes in Chennai, The Living Room is a famous name. With beautiful & picturesque seating arrangements, this restaurant offers a serene ambience to its guests. You can have a family dinner, a fun evening with friends, or a date with bae, The Living Room is best for all the moods. So, if you want to click Instagrammable pictures or have a perfect dinner night with your loved ones, The Living Room is the best cafe.
Cost for two: ₹2400
Timings: 12 pm to 11 pm
Location: Anna Nagar
Must-Try Dishes At The Living Room
- Greek Salad: Fresh, crisp Greek salad bursts with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta, and red onions. Drizzled in olive oil, it’s seasoned with oregano for a tangy, Mediterranean delight.
- Marinara Veggie Pizza: A thin crust adorned with zesty marinara sauce, topped with colourful bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, and melty mozzarella. Baked to perfection, it’s a veggie-packed delight for pizza lovers.
Alchemist Lake Viewry
One of the most scenic rooftop restaurants in Chennai, Alchemist Lake Viewery offers serene views of the lake with a charismatic interior. The cafe’s atmosphere & vibe is pleasant to sit & relax. Whether you want to sip your drink alone with a book, chat with friends, or make your loved ones feel special, bring them to the Alchemist Lake Viewry for a perfect evening.
Cost for two: ₹1100
Timings: 2 pm to 8 pm
Must-Try Dishes At The Lake Viewry
- Alfredo Pasta: Creamy Alfredo pasta is made with fettuccine noodles and a rich, buttery Parmesan sauce. It’s smooth, garlicky, and delicious, making it a popular and comforting Italian dish.
- Veg Burger: A tasty patty made from vegetables, beans, or grains. It’s nestled in a soft bun with lettuce, tomato, and condiments for a delicious delight.
Take a Look: Best Cafe in CP for a Perfect Evening
Sunset Grill is a high-end restaurant in Velachery, offering the perfect skyline view. The minimalist decor of the cafe makes it the ideal place to unwind or share some happy memories with your loved ones. The restaurant is famous for its continental cuisine. You must order something continental to experience the best taste of the cuisine at Sunset Grill. Decorated with beautiful wood furnishings and a majestic skyline, Sunset Grill is among the best romantic rooftop restaurants in Chennai.
Cost for two: ₹2500
Timings: 7 pm to 11 pm (Closed on Mondays)
Must-Try Dishes At Sunset Grill
- Grilled Vegetables: Veggies like zucchini, bell peppers, and mushrooms get a smoky, flavorful makeover on the grill. Healthy, colourful, and bursting with taste, grilled vegetables are a must-try at Sunset Grill.
- Lahori Paneer Tikka: Cubes of paneer cheese marinated in a blend of spices, yoghurt, and lemon juice, then grilled to perfection. Bursting with bold flavours, it’s a must-try treat.
Up North – The Raintree
Up North – The Raintree is the perfect place for a casual hangout & dining with friends or family. This rooftop cafe reflects luxury, giving an elegant & classy vibe. The restaurant has a unique theme showcasing different patterns of crockeries & more. Trust us, you won’t regret taking your partner here. Whether you want to have an outing with friends or have a family dinner, Up North – The Raintree is an ambient place to be.
Cost for two: ₹2500
Timings: 6:30 pm to 11 pm
Must-Try Dishes At Up North – The Raintree
- Dahi Ke Sholay: It consists of spiced yoghurt (dahi) wrapped in a crispy gram flour coating, deep-fried to golden perfection, creating a delightful and savoury treat.
- Pindi Channa: Chickpeas (channa) are cooked in a zesty tomato-onion gravy infused with aromatic spices. This hearty, flavorful curry is a staple in Punjabi cuisine.
Simple yet mesmerising Azzuri Bay is among the best restaurants in Chennai to hang out with friends or just try something new. Affordable, pretty, and simple are the words that may describe this cafe perfectly. If you’re looking for some good Asian cuisine in Chennai, Azzuri Bay is one of the places you can visit. Try this place with your friends to have the best time in Chennai.
Cost for two: ₹1800
Timings: 12 pm to 3 pm and 7 pm to 10 pm
Must-Try Dishes At Azzuri Bay
- Vegetable Lettuce Wrap: Crisp lettuce leaves cradle a colourful medley of sautéed vegetables, marinated in savoury sauces. Bursting with textures and flavours, these vegetable lettuce wraps are irresistible and guaranteed to spark your appetite!
- Curry Leaf Paneer: Succulent cubes of paneer cheese cooked with aromatic curry leaves, fragrant spices, and creamy tomato sauce. This South Indian delicacy is a burst of flavour in every bite.
Chennai is a bustling metropolis with many places to hang out and have fun; one of these places is the rooftop restaurants. With unique menus, themes, interiors, and concepts, these cafes have made their place in top hang-out places in Chennai. If you’re hailing from Chennai or are planning to visit, we’d advise you to visit these restaurants to spend perfect evenings in the city.
More To Explore
- Check out the Top Rooftop Cafe in Kolkata to explore the best ambience & luxury in the city.
- If you’re planning to visit Bangalore, don’t forget to visit these Best Rooftop Cafes in Bangalore to experience the city’s nightlife & fun.
- Ahmedabad is a major city in India. Apart from cultural diversity, the city is also famous for its cafes. Check out The Best Rooftop Cafes in Ahmedabad for a perfect hangout experience.