India, a land of vibrant cultures, rich history, and breathtaking landscapes, offers travellers a treasure trove of experiences. From the most famous temples in India that stand as testaments to centuries-old architectural marvels to the magnificent historical sites that unfold the stories of ancient civilizations, India has much to offer its visitors.
But it doesn’t stop there. India’s natural wonders will leave you spellbound, from the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas to the serene backwaters of Kerala. This guide contains all the information you’ll need to travel to India. Let’s begin our journey to India.
Exploring The Enticing Regions Of India
The Encapsulating North
North India is a diverse and culturally rich region encompassing bustling cities, royal historical sites, and the Himalayan beauty. From the great Himalayas in Jammu & Kashmir to the charming city of Delhi, North India offers a true sight to behold. Let’s explore the states of North India one by one.
Jammu & Kashmir
Jammu & Kashmir, a picturesque union territory in northern India, boasts breathtaking landscapes ranging from the serene Dal Lake to the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas. Known for its rich cultural heritage, it captivates with its unique blend of languages, traditions, and crafts.
How To Reach?
Jammu & Kashmir is well-connected with its neighbouring cities, Delhi, Himachal, Punjab, and Haryana. You can board an flight, bus, taxi, or motorcycle to reach Jammu & Kashmir comfortably.
Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir
- Srinagar: The summer capital of Jammu & Kashmir, known for its picturesque Dal Lake, houseboats, Mughal Gardens, and vibrant local markets.
- Gulmarg: A popular hill station and skiing destination offering breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks and lush meadows.
- Pahalgam: A scenic town known for its lush valleys, glistening Lidder River, and as the starting point for the Amarnath Yatra pilgrimage.
- Leh-Ladakh: A high-altitude desert region famous for its rugged landscapes, Buddhist monasteries, and adventure tourism.
- Patnitop: A hilltop tourist destination known for its pleasant climate and panoramic views of the Pir Panjal range.
Where To Stay in Jammu & Kashmir?
J&K has multiple staying options in the valley. Some of our recommended great hotels are.
- The Heritage Group of Houseboats: It is a prominent and reputable hospitality organization based in Srinagar. It offers luxurious and well-maintained houseboats that offer a unique and unforgettable experience.
- Tiger Camp Nubra: The camp offers stay between the majestic Nubra Valley. It provides guests with panoramic views of the surrounding landscape, including the famous sand dunes of Hunder.
Himachal Pradesh, nestled in the western Himalayas of India, enchants its picturesque landscapes, including snow-capped peaks, lush valleys, and gushing rivers. The state offers a mix of adventure and serenity, with trekking trails, skiing destinations, and peaceful hill stations like Shimla and Manali. Rich in culture and heritage, Himachal Pradesh captivates visitors with its warm hospitality and vibrant local festivals.
How To Reach?
Himachal Pradesh is well-connected with its neighbouring cities, Delhi, Punjab, and Haryana. You can travel by bus, taxi, or motorcycle to reach Himachal Pradesh comfortably.
Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh
- Shimla: The capital city of Himachal Pradesh, known for its colonial architecture, the Mall Road, and the scenic Ridge. It is a popular hill station and offers a pleasant climate.
- Manali: A famous tourist destination offering breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains, adventure activities, and serene landscapes.
- McLeod Ganj: Located near Dharamshala, it is renowned for its Tibetan culture, handicrafts, and stunning views of the Dhauladhar range.
- Dalhousie: A charming hill station with colonial-era buildings, pine-clad valleys, and views of the snow-capped peaks.
- Kasol: A popular destination for backpackers, trekkers, and nature enthusiasts, known for its hippie culture and the Parvati River.
Where To Stay in Himachal Pradesh?
- The Hosteller Mcleodganj: Located in Mcleodganj, Himachal Pradesh, The Hosteller offers a friendly atmosphere and comfortable accommodations, it caters to backpackers and travellers.
- WinterLine Resort, Kasol: A charming retreat nestled in the picturesque village of Kasol, Himachal Pradesh, India. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains and lush forests, the resort offers cozy and well-appointed rooms for a comfortable stay.
Known as the Dev Bhoomi, Uttarakhand is a mesmerising location that calms you inside out. From the Ganga to the Naini Lake, Uttarakhand is filled with cultural & natural wonders and is one of the best places to visit in India. It is also home to some of the most famous temples in India & retreats. The state’s captivating beauty and cultural heritage make it perfect for travellers seeking tranquillity and adventure.
How To Reach?
Uttarakhand is well-connected with its neighbouring cities, Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh. You can travel by bus, taxi, or motorcycle to reach Uttarakhand comfortably.
Places To Visit In Uttarakhand
- Haridwar: A holy city with sacred ghats and temples, hosting the Ganga Aarti, a mesmerising evening prayer ceremony on the riverbank.
- Mussoorie: Known as the “Queen of Hills,” it offers captivating landscapes, colonial-era architecture, and attractions like Kempty Falls.
- Badrinath and Kedarnath: Two of the four Char Dham pilgrimage sites, significant in Hinduism for their spiritual importance and stunning locations.
- Mukteshwar: A serene town known for its apple orchards, ancient temples, and breathtaking views of the snow-capped peaks.
- Chopta: Known as the “Mini Switzerland of India,” it offers breathtaking views of the snow-capped peaks and is a base for the trek to Tungnath, the highest Shiva temple.
Where To Stay in Uttarakhand?
- Meraki Huts, Pauri: Set amidst the breathtaking Garhwal Himalayas, the resort offers charming huts with modern amenities, providing a unique blend of comfort and nature.
- Nature Valley Resort, Mussoorie: A delightful retreat in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. Situated among the lush greenery, overlooking the Doon Valley, the resort offers comfortable rooms and cottages with stunning views.
Delhi, India’s bustling capital, is a vibrant blend of history and modernity. The city showcases iconic landmarks like the Red Fort, India Gate, and Qutub Minar, reflecting its rich Mughal and British colonial heritage. Delhi’s bustling markets, diverse cuisine & Indian street food, and cultural events offer an immersive experience. Amidst the energetic chaos, visitors encounter a captivating fusion of tradition and progress that defines this dynamic metropolis.
How To Reach?
Delhi is well connected to other major cities of India & the world through Indira Gandhi International Airport. You can also travel to Delhi by bus & taxi and to other states by train.
Things To Do In Delhi
- Experience Old Delhi: Wander through the narrow streets of Chandni Chowk, taste local street food, and visit the spice markets for an authentic glimpse of Old Delhi’s charm.
- Delhi Street Food Tour: Sample the mouthwatering chaats, kebabs, parathas, and sweets at famous street food joints across the city.
- Shop at Local Markets: Explore markets like Sarojini Nagar, Janpath, and Dilli Haat for affordable clothes, handicrafts, and souvenirs.
- Visit Historical Landmarks: Explore iconic sites like the Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, India Gate, and Jama Masjid to immerse yourself in the city’s historical heritage.
- Visit India Gate at Night: Witness the majestic India Gate illuminated beautifully in the evening.
- Visit the bustling cafes: Delhi is filled with gorgeous cafes & restaurants. Enjoy the ambience & food at one of Delhi’s rooftop cafes.
Where To Stay in Delhi?
- Hotel Aero Star, Delhi Airport: Offering comfortable rooms and amenities, it caters to business and leisure travellers alike. With its strategic location, guests can easily access the airport and nearby attractions.
- Radisson Blu: With elegant rooms, upscale facilities, and exceptional dining options, it offers a comfortable and indulgent stay for business and leisure travellers.
Uttar Pradesh boasts iconic landmarks like the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Varanasi’s ghats along the sacred Ganges River. Known for its religious significance, the state hosts the Kumbh Mela, a massive Hindu pilgrimage home to some of the most famous temples in India. With a diverse blend of traditions and bustling cities, Uttar Pradesh offers a captivating journey through India’s rich tapestry.
How To Reach?
Uttar Pradesh is well-connected with Delhi & other Indian states through buses, taxis, & trains. You can also access UP through Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport, Lucknow, connected to major cities in India.
Things To Do In Uttar Pradesh
- Visit the Taj Mahal: Explore the breathtaking beauty of the iconic Taj Mahal in Agra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the World’s New Seven Wonders.
- Explore Varanasi: Witness the spiritual ambience and rituals along the ghats of the holy Ganges River, experience the mesmerising Ganga Aarti, and visit ancient temples.
- Explore Mathura and Vrindavan: Discover the birthplace of Lord Krishna and visit the famous temples in India and religious sites associated with his life.
- Discover Lucknow: Explore the historical city of Nawabs with its architectural marvels, vibrant markets, and delectable Awadhi cuisine.
- Attend Ram Leela in Ayodhya: Witness the grand Ram Leela performances during the festive season, celebrating the life of Lord Rama.
- Discover Chitrakoot: Visit the serene town associated with the Ramayana and explore its natural beauty and religious sites.
- Shop for Handicrafts: Buy traditional handicrafts, textiles, and artwork from local markets like Hazratganj in Lucknow or Sadar Bazar in Agra.
Where To Stay in Uttar Pradesh?
- Resort Krishan Vaibhav, Vrindavan: Embracing the essence of devotion, the resort provides comfortable accommodations with modern amenities. Guests can experience a serene ambiance, enjoy spiritual activities, and relish pure vegetarian cuisine.
- The Grand Imperial – Heritage Hotel, Agra: Housed in a 100-year-old mansion, it exudes old-world charm and opulence. The hotel offers luxurious rooms, rich in historical elements, and modern amenities.
The Unexplored West
The melting pot of diverse cultures and landscapes, West India offers serene beauty & cultural retreats to visitors. From the bustling metropolis of Mumbai to the quiet beaches of Goa and the vibrant cities of Gujarat, it offers a rich tapestry of experiences. West India boasts historical sites, delicious cuisine, and colourful festivals, making it a captivating blend of tradition and modernity.
Rajasthan, India’s largest state, epitomises the essence of royalty and valour. With its majestic palaces, vibrant festivals, and desert landscapes, it exudes a regal charm. From the iconic forts of Jaipur and Jodhpur to the dunes of Thar, Rajasthan offers a captivating journey into India’s rich history and cultural heritage, placing it among the best places to visit in India.
How To Reach?
Rajasthan is well-connected with Delhi & other Indian states through buses, taxis, & trains. You can also access Rajasthan through various airports connected to major cities in India.
Things To Do In Rajasthan
- Visit the Palaces and Forts: Explore majestic structures like the Amber Fort, Mehrangarh Fort, City Palace, and Udaipur’s Lake Palace for a glimpse of royal splendour.
- Experience Desert Safari: Take a camel safari in the Thar Desert near Jaisalmer or Bikaner to witness the mesmerising dunes and experience desert life.
- Boat Ride in Udaipur: Take a boat ride on Lake Pichola to admire the palaces and architecture along the waterfront in Udaipur.
- Enjoy Traditional Rajasthani Cuisine: Savor the delectable Rajasthani dishes like Dal Baati Churma, Ghewar, and Laal Maas.
- Shop for Handicrafts: Buy exquisite handicrafts, textiles, and jewellery from local markets and bazaars like Johari Bazaar in Jaipur and Clock Tower Market in Jodhpur.
Where To Stay in Rajasthan?
- Hide-In, Udaipur: A hotel tucked away in the picturesque city of Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. Offering a serene and intimate ambiance, it provides comfortable and stylish rooms.
- Le Meridien Jaipur Resort & Spa, Jaipur: Surrounded by lush greenery and scenic landscapes, the resort offers elegant rooms, modern amenities, and exceptional hospitality. Guests can indulge in rejuvenating spa treatments, savor delectable cuisine, and explore the vibrant cultural heritage of Jaipur.
Also Read: Top Historical Places in India
Gujarat offers a kaleidoscope of experiences, from ancient famous temples in India like the Somnath and Dwarkadhish to colourful festivals like Navratri and Kite Festival. With its diverse landscapes, delectable cuisine, and bustling markets, Gujarat captivates travellers with its unique blend of tradition and modernity.
How To Reach?
You can reach Gujarat by bus, car, train, and by flight. Major cities like Ahmedabad, Vadodara, and Surat have domestic and international airports. It has a well-connected railway network and national highways facilitate road travel from neighbouring states.
Things To Do In Gujarat
- Visit the Rann of Kutch: Experience the surreal white salt desert during the Rann Utsav festival, known for its cultural events and handicrafts.
- Explore Historical Sites: Discover ancient temples like Somnath, Dwarkadhish, and Akshardham, along with historical landmarks like Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad.
- Enjoy Gujarati Cuisine & Street food: Savor traditional Gujarati thali, Indian street food like Dhokla, Khandvi, and delicious sweet treats.
- Visit Modhera Sun Temple: Explore the stunning Sun Temple, one of the oldest temples in India with intricate carvings, and attend the Modhera Dance Festival.
- Explore Mandvi Beach: Relax on the beautiful beaches of Mandvi and indulge in water sports and beach activities.
Where To Stay in Gujarat?
- Sarovar Portico, Somnath: Situated near the famous Somnath Temple, it offers comfortable rooms and modern amenities. Guests can enjoy delicious dining options, a rooftop pool, and serene views of the Arabian Sea.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dwarka: Situated close to Dwarkadhish Temple, it offers elegant and spacious suites with modern amenities. The hotel provides a comfortable and luxurious stay for travellers exploring this sacred city.
The perfect blend of tradition with modernity is found in Maharashtra. The diverse state of India boasts bustling cities like Mumbai, the financial hub, and Pune, an educational centre. Known for its historical sites like Ajanta and Ellora caves, it offers a blend of ancient heritage and modernity. With delectable cuisine, vibrant festivals, and scenic landscapes ranging from the Western Ghats to the Arabian Sea, Maharashtra captivates visitors.
How To Reach?
Maharashtra is well-connected to various International countries & Indian states through Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport and Pune’s Lohegaon Airport. It is also connected through railway networks, with major stations like Delhi, Chennai, and Kolkata.
Things To Do In Maharashtra
- Explore Mumbai: Visit iconic landmarks like the Gateway of India, Marine Drive, and Bollywood studios. Experience the bustling street life and diverse culinary delights.
- Ajanta and Ellora Caves: Marvel at the ancient rock-cut caves showcasing exquisite art and architecture in Aurangabad.
- Beach hopping: Relax on the beautiful beaches of Goa, Alibaug, and Kashid along the Arabian Sea.
- Spiritual sites: Seek blessings at some of the famous temples in India, Shirdi Sai Baba Temple, Siddhivinayak Temple, and Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple.
- Hill stations: Unwind in the serene ambience of Panchgani and Amboli.
- Elephanta Caves: Explore the ancient cave temples on Elephanta Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Where To Stay in Maharashtra?
- Treebo Trend Amber Palace, South Mumbai: Situated in a convenient location, it offers comfortable and well-equipped rooms for guests. The hotel provides essential amenities and services, making it a suitable choice for both business and leisure travellers exploring the vibrant city of Mumbai.
- Hyatt Pune: Known for its sophisticated ambiance and top-notch hospitality, it offers elegant rooms and suites with modern amenities. Guests can enjoy multiple dining options, a spa, fitness centre, and a beautiful outdoor pool.
Explore India’s one of the iconic & one of the best places to visit in India. Goa is a paradise known for its stunning beaches, vibrant nightlife, and Portuguese colonial heritage. The blend of sun-kissed shores, palm-fringed landscapes, and water sports attracts tourists worldwide. Goa offers a diverse culinary scene, bustling flea markets, and a relaxed vibe. Its vibrant festivals, like Carnival and Sunburn, add to the festive spirit.
How To Reach?
To reach Goa, you can fly into Goa International Airport (Dabolim) directly from major Indian cities and international destinations. Alternatively, access by train through various railway stations like Madgaon and Thivim. Goa is well-connected by national highways, making travel convenient from neighbouring states like Maharashtra and Karnataka.
Things To Do In Goa
- Water Sports: Try thrilling activities like parasailing, jet-skiing, and windsurfing along the coast.
- Dudhsagar Waterfalls: Trek or take a jeep to witness the majestic waterfalls amidst lush forests.
- Old Goa: Explore the rich Portuguese heritage through historical sites like the Basilica of Bom Jesus and Sé Cathedral.
- Nightlife: Experience the vibrant party scene at famous clubs and beach shacks.
- Anjuna Flea Market: Shop for souvenirs, clothing, and handicrafts in this famous weekly market.
- Goan Cuisine: Savour the delicious seafood, traditional Goan dishes & Indian street food at local eateries.
Where To Stay in Goa?
- Treebo Trend La Prince Suites: Offering comfortable and well-furnished rooms, it provides essential amenities for a pleasant stay. Guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and courteous staff services.
- Lime Tree Hotel & Resort: Offering comfortable and well-furnished rooms, Lime Tree provides essential amenities for a pleasant stay. Guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and courteous staff services.
The Exquisite Center
Central India is a lesser talked about region, but the natural & spiritual beauty of this region is incomparable. The region consists of two states – Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh that offer amazing sights & a unique face of India. This diverse region boasts fertile plains, dense forests, and the Vindhya and Satpura mountain ranges. With abundant wildlife sanctuaries and national parks, including Bandhavgarh and Kanha, Central India offers a perfect blend of nature, heritage, and cultural experiences. Let’s explore the Central Indian states one by one.
The state is renowned for its rich cultural heritage and diverse landscapes. It houses ancient temples like Khajuraho and Sanchi Stupa, showcasing remarkable architecture. Madhya Pradesh’s lush forests, including Kanha and Bandhavgarh National Parks, are havens for wildlife enthusiasts seeking tiger sightings. Its history, art, and natural beauty make it an enticing destination for travellers.
How To Reach?
Madhya Pradesh is well-connected to multiple Indian states through airports in Indore, Bhopal, and Jabalpur. National highways and state roads make road travel feasible from neighbouring states. It is also well-connected to many Indian states through an efficient railway network.
Things To Do In Madhya Pradesh
- Khajuraho Temples: Explore the UNESCO World Heritage site, known for its exquisite temple architecture and intricate carvings.
- Bandhavgarh and Kanha National Parks: Embark on thrilling wildlife safaris to spot tigers, leopards, and other fascinating animals.
- Sanchi Stupa: Visit this ancient Buddhist monument, another UNESCO site, to admire its historical significance and artistry.
- Pachmarhi: Enjoy the picturesque hill station with waterfalls, viewpoints, and serene landscapes.
- Ujjain and Omkareshwar: Experience spirituality at these prominent pilgrimage sites. Visit famous temples in India, Mahakaleshwar & Omkareshwar.
- Indore Street Food: Savour mouthwatering snacks and dishes at Sarafa Bazaar and Chappan Street Food.
Where To Stay in Madhya Pradesh?
- Effotel By Sayaji, Indore: The hotel offers comfortable and well-appointed rooms with modern amenities. Guests can relish delicious dining options, unwind at the rooftop pool, and enjoy fitness facilities.
- FabHotel By Oasis, Bhopal: Offering comfortable and well-furnished rooms, FabHotel provides essential amenities for a pleasant stay. Guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and courteous staff services.
This Central Indian state is known for its rich tribal culture, ancient temples, and lush green forests. The region’s diverse landscapes include plateaus, waterfalls, and wildlife sanctuaries like Kanger Valley and Barnawapara. Chhattisgarh’s vibrant festivals and fairs, such as Bastar Dussehra, showcase its unique traditions. With historical sites like Sirpur and Sirpur Lake, the state offers a blend of history, nature, and cultural experiences.
How To Reach?
Chhattisgarh is well-connected to multiple Indian states through airports in Raipur, Bilaspur, and Jagdalpur. National highways and state roads make road travel feasible from neighbouring states. It is also well-connected to many Indian states through an efficient railway network.
Things To Do In Chhattisgarh
- Chitrakote Waterfall: Witness India’s widest waterfall, surrounded by lush greenery.
- Bastar Dussehra: Experience the vibrant tribal festival, showcasing unique customs and traditional arts.
- Sirpur: Visit ancient archaeological sites and Buddhist ruins.
- Chaiturgarh Fort: Trek to this hilltop fortress for panoramic views.
- Bhoramdeo Temple: Admire the intricate carvings of this ancient Hindu temple.
- Keshkal Ghat: Drive through picturesque forested hills.
- Mahant Ghasidas Museum: Explore art, history, and tribal artefacts.
- Kutumsar Caves: Marvel at the limestone formations in this unique cave system.
Where To Stay in Chhattisgarh?
- Hyatt Raipur: Known for its elegant ambiance and impeccable hospitality, Hyatt offers well-appointed rooms and suites with modern amenities. Hyatt Raipur provides a sophisticated and memorable experience for both business and leisure travellers in Raipur.
- Courtyard by Marriott Raipur: Known for its stylish design and excellent services, the hotel offers well-appointed rooms and suites with modern amenities. Guests can enjoy diverse dining options, a fitness centre, and a rooftop pool.
The Breathtaking South
Want to explore culture, cuisine, history, modernity, hills, and beaches all in one place, South India is the gateway to heaven with all the aesthetic beauties situated in one region. South India boasts ancient temples, serene backwaters, lush green hills, beautiful beaches, and flavorful cuisine. The region’s traditions, languages, and customs create a unique and vibrant tapestry of cultures. Let’s explore the majestic states of the South one by one.
Located in southeastern India, Andhra Pradesh is famous for its rich cultural heritage, historical significance, and diverse landscapes. It houses iconic & famous temples in India like Tirupati Balaji and historical sites like Amaravati. Travel through time at the famous historical places in Andhra Pradesh & admire the ancient traditions. The region’s coastline along the Bay of Bengal offers beautiful beaches, while the Eastern Ghats add to its scenic beauty.
How To Reach?
Andhra Pradesh is well-connected to multiple Indian states through Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, and Tirupati airports. National highways and state roads make road travel feasible from neighbouring states. It is also well-connected to many Indian states through an efficient railway network.
Things To Do In Andhra Pradesh
- Tirupati Temple: Seek blessings at the famous Sri Venkateswara Temple, the most revered and oldest temple in India.
- Araku Valley: Explore the picturesque valley, known for its coffee plantations and stunning landscapes.
- Visakhapatnam Beaches: Relax on beautiful beaches like Rama Krishna Beach and Yarada Beach.
- Amaravati: Discover the historical and archaeological significance of this ancient town.
- Bhavani Island: Enjoy water sports and leisure activities on this river island in Vijayawada.
- Kondapalli Fort: Trek to the hilltop fort for a panoramic view of the surroundings.
- Kalingapatnam Beach: Visit the historic beach town with Dutch and British architectural remnants.
Where To Stay in Andhra Pradesh?
- Eden Park Boutique Hotel, Vijayawada: The hotel offers well-appointed rooms with modern amenities, creating a comfortable and cosy stay for guests. Its convenient location allows easy access to the city’s attractions and business districts.
- Hotel Royal Park Kakinada: The hotel offers comfortable and well-furnished rooms with modern amenities to cater to the needs of both business and leisure travellers. Guests can enjoy delicious dining options, attentive staff services, and a convenient location, making it an ideal choice for travellers visiting Kakinada.
The state houses the IT hub of India, Bangalore. IT experts from all over the India & world come to Bangalore to find opportunities in the IT industry. In addition to the IT Hub, Karnataka is known for its rich historical heritage, diverse landscapes, and cultural vibrancy. It houses ancient monuments like Hampi and Badami, lush forests in the Western Ghats, and serene beaches along the Arabian Sea.
How To Reach?
The state has several domestic and international airports, with Bengaluru being the major hub. Additionally, well-connected railway stations across the state facilitate train travel. National highways and state roads make road travel convenient from neighbouring states.
Things To Do In Karnataka
- Hampi: Explore the UNESCO World Heritage site with its ancient ruins and majestic & famous temples in India.
- Coorg: Experience the beauty of the Western Ghats with coffee plantations and waterfalls.
- Gokarna and Karwar: Relax on the pristine beaches and indulge in water sports.
- Jog Falls: Witness one of India’s highest waterfalls in all its glory.
- Bengaluru: Discover the Garden City’s vibrant nightlife, tech culture, and diverse cuisine.
- Badami and Aihole: Admire ancient cave temples and architectural marvels.
- Bijapur: Explore the historical city with its impressive monuments and structures.
- Udupi: Savour the delectable South Indian cuisine, especially the authentic Udupi dishes.
- Srirangapatna: Discover the island town’s history and religious significance.
Where To Stay in Karnataka?
- Malligi, Hampi: A well-established property known for its comfortable accommodations and warm hospitality. The hotel offers a range of rooms and suites with modern amenities, making it suitable for both leisure and business travellers.
- The Meraki Beach Resort, Gokarna: Situated on one of the serene beaches of Gokarna, the resort offers comfortable and well-appointed cottages or rooms with modern amenities. Guests can relax by the beach, enjoy water activities, savor local cuisine, and experience the tranquillity of Gokarna’s coastal charm.
Known as “God’s own country”, Kerala is a majestic location that entices visitors through its palm beaches & traditions. Its serene backwaters, picturesque hill stations, palm-fringed beaches, and lush green landscapes attract people worldwide. Kerala’s rich culture, Ayurvedic traditions, wildlife sanctuaries, and flavoursome cuisine make it a must-visit destination for nature lovers and cultural enthusiasts.
How To Reach?
The state has multiple international and domestic airports, including Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, and Kozhikode, offering direct flights from major cities. Well-connected railway stations enable train travel, and national highways and state roads provide convenient road access from neighbouring states.
Things To Do In Kerala
- Backwater Cruise: Experience the serene beauty of Kerala’s backwaters on a traditional houseboat.
- Munnar: Explore the picturesque hill station with tea gardens, waterfalls, and breathtaking views.
- Alleppey: Relax on the scenic beaches and enjoy a traditional Kerala houseboat stay.
- Ayurvedic Spa: Rejuvenate with traditional Ayurvedic treatments and massages.
- Kochi: Discover the historical city’s colonial architecture and vibrant culture.
- Kovalam: Sunbathe on the famous beaches and indulge in water sports.
- Athirapally Waterfalls: Marvel at the spectacular cascades amidst lush greenery.
- Kannur: Explore the hidden gems of the lesser-known northern region.
Where To Stay in Kerala?
- The Cliff Resort, Munnar: Situated amidst the lush greenery of the Western Ghats, the resort offers comfortable accommodations with modern amenities. Guests can enjoy panoramic views of the mountains, indulge in nature walks, and savor delicious local cuisine.
- The Panoramic Getaway, Munnar: Set amidst the picturesque landscapes of the Western Ghats, the hotel offers comfortable rooms and suites with modern amenities. The Panoramic Getaway provides a serene and memorable stay for travellers exploring the beauty of Munnar.
The state is home to various ancient & famous temples in India, like Meenakshi Amman & Brihadeeswar Temple. It offers a serene & spiritual experience to its visitors. The region’s diverse landscapes include beautiful beaches, rolling hills of the Western Ghats, and lush forests. Tamil Nadu’s traditional music, dance, and cuisine add to its unique charm, making it a captivating destination for travellers.
How To Reach?
The state has multiple international and domestic airports, including Chennai, Coimbatore, and Madurai, with direct flights from major cities. Well-connected railway stations enable train travel, and national highways and state roads provide convenient road access from neighbouring states.
Things To Do In Tamil Nadu
- Visit Meenakshi Amman Temple: Admire the magnificent architecture and spirituality of this iconic and one of the famous temples in India.
- Explore Mahabalipuram: Discover ancient rock-cut temples and shore temples, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Kodaikanal: Trek through the hills, boat on the serene lake, and experience the misty charm of this hill station.
- Rameswaram: Seek blessings at Ramanathaswamy Temple and bathe in the holy Agni Theertham.
- Ooty: Take a toy train ride, stroll in botanical gardens, and revel in the beauty of the Nilgiris.
- Kanyakumari: Witness the stunning confluence of the Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal, and Indian Ocean.
- Thanjavur: Visit Brihadeeswarar Temple, among the famous temples in India, an architectural marvel.
- Taste Tamil Cuisine: Savour the delectable dosas, idlis, and unique Chettinad dishes.
Where To Stay in Tamil Nadu?
- Taj Connemara, Chennai: With a rich history dating back to 1854, the hotel blends colonial charm with modern luxury. The hotel offers elegant rooms, fine dining options, a spa, fitness center, and other premium amenities.
- Hotel Star Palace Rameswaram: The hotel offers comfortable rooms and basic amenities, providing a convenient stay for pilgrims and tourists visiting Rameswaram’s renowned temples. Guests can explore the religious significance of the area while enjoying a budget-friendly stay at Hotel Star Palace.
The Enchanting East
Now, let’s move to the stunning greenery & natural wonders in Eastern India. East India is known for its rich cultural heritage, historical significance, and natural beauty. The region boasts the lush landscapes of the Sundarbans, the historical monuments of Kolkata, the tribal cultures of Odisha, and the picturesque beauty of the Himalayas in the northeast.
Home to the famous Jagannath Temple in Puri, one of the most famous temples in India and part of the Char-Dham. The state boasts the Sun Temple in Konark and the wildlife-rich Bhitarkanika National Park. With stunning beaches, tribal diversity, and traditional art forms, Odisha offers travellers a unique and enriching experience.
How To Reach?
The state is well-connected with other central Indian states through Biju Patnaik International Airport, Bhubaneshwar and an efficient railway network. National highways and state roads provide convenient road access from neighbouring states.
Things To Do In Odisha
- Visit the Jagannath Temple: Seek blessings of Lord Krishna at the famous Hindu temple in Puri and experience the grand Rath Yatra.
- Explore Konark Sun Temple: Marvel at the architectural brilliance of this UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Chilika Lake: Take a boat ride and spot migratory birds in Asia’s largest brackish water lagoon.
- Puri Beach: Relax on the pristine beaches and enjoy beachside activities.
- Lingaraj Temple: Visit the ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva in Bhubaneswar.
- Hirakud Dam: Visit one of the longest earthen dams in the world and enjoy the scenic surroundings.
- Udayagiri and Khandagiri Caves: Discover ancient Jain rock-cut caves with intricate carvings.
Where To Stay in Odisha?
- Goroomgo Star Inn, Puri: The hotel provides basic amenities and comfortable rooms for travellers seeking affordable accommodations. Its location allows easy access to the popular Puri Beach and other attractions.
- The Crown, Bhubaneswar – IHCL SeleCtions: The hotel offers elegant rooms, upscale amenities, and exceptional hospitality. Guests can enjoy a range of dining options, a spa, fitness centre, and other premium facilities.
Known for its capital Kolkata, the “City of Joy,” the state offers historical landmarks like Victoria Memorial and Howrah Bridge. West Bengal’s scenic beauty extends from the Sundarbans mangrove forests to the hill stations of Darjeeling and Kalimpong, captivating travellers with its vibrant culture and delicious cuisine.
How To Reach?
The state has multiple domestic and international airports, including Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata, facilitating air travel from major cities worldwide. Well-connected railway stations enable train travel, and national highways and state roads provide convenient road access from neighbouring states.
Things To Do In West Bengal
- Kolkata Sightseeing: Explore Victoria Memorial, Howrah Bridge, and the bustling markets.
- Sundarbans: Take a boat safari to spot Bengal tigers and explore the world’s largest mangrove forest.
- Darjeeling: Experience the toy train ride, visit tea estates, and enjoy panoramic views of the Himalayas.
- Durga Puja: Witness Kolkata’s grand festival celebrating Goddess Durga.
- Dakshineswar Kali Temple: Seek blessings at this revered Hindu temple in Kolkata. It is also one of the famous temples in India with people coming all over the world to seek blessings from Mother Kali.
- Bishnupur: Admire terracotta temples and explore the unique Bankura horse sculptures.
- Neora Valley National Park: Trek through dense forests and experience pristine wilderness.
Where To Stay in West Bengal?
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata: Situated close to the airport and the city’s business and commercial districts, the hotel offers spacious and well-appointed rooms with modern amenities. Guests can indulge in a variety of dining options, relax at the spa, fitness centre, and outdoor pool.
- Windamere Hotel: A heritage hotel offering colonial charm and stunning views of the mountains.
The Seven Sisters
The Northeastern states Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura together are known as the seven sisters of India. The Northeast is known for its stunning landscapes, rich biodiversity, diverse cultures, and unique traditions. It is home to lush green hills, tea gardens, magnificent waterfalls, and vibrant festivals that attract travellers seeking offbeat experiences.
How To Reach?
The states have well-connected domestic airports in major cities like Guwahati, Imphal, and Agartala. Train services connect certain destinations with major railway stations in Guwahati, Dimapur, and Siliguri. National highways and state roads offer road travel options, though it may take longer due to hilly terrain. State-run and private buses also operate, ensuring accessibility to this enchanting region.
Things To Do In North-East India
- Kaziranga National Park: Go on a wildlife safari to spot one-horned rhinoceros and other rare species.
- Shillong: Explore the “Scotland of the East” and its picturesque landscapes.
- Majuli Island: Experience the unique culture and traditions of the world’s largest river island.
- Living Root Bridges: Witness natural wonders in Meghalaya.
- Kamakhya Temple: Seek blessings at this ancient temple in Assam.
- Manipur’s Loktak Lake: Take a boat ride and visit the floating phumdis (vegetation islands).
- Explore Tripura: Visit the Ujjayanta Palace and Neermahal, the lake palace.
- River Cruise in Brahmaputra: Sail along the mighty river for a unique experience.
Where To Stay in the North-East?
- Radisson Blu, Guwahati: Situated on the banks of the Brahmaputra River, the hotel offers well-appointed rooms and suites with modern amenities. Guests can enjoy multiple dining options, a rooftop pool, fitness centre, and spa facilities. Radisson Blu Hotel Guwahati provides a comfortable and sophisticated stay for both business and leisure travellers visiting the vibrant city of Guwahati.
- The Sendra Park & Resort, Manipur: A lakeside resort with scenic views and comfortable accommodations.
What is the Indian Currency?
The national currency of India is the Indian National Rupee (INR), and the conversion rates are as follows:
- 1 INR = 0.012 USD
- 1 INR = 0.011 EURO
- 1 INR = 0.18 Australian Dollar
What Are The Languages Spoken?
India is a diverse country with 22 official languages, of which Hindi & English are the most spoken. You can easily communicate with locals in English, as most know this language.
Best Time To Visit India
India has varied climatic conditions ranging from cold temperatures in the Himalayas to the sweating hot in Delhi and the soothing weather in the South. The temperature varies according to the regions in different months. From October to March, the temperature in most Indian states is cold & pleasant so you can plan your trip to India from October to March. And if you wish to visit the Himalayas, April to mid-June will be the most suitable time.
India truly offers a kaleidoscope of experiences for travellers. Every corner of India is steeped in rich cultural heritage, from famous temples like the awe-inspiring Taj Mahal and the spiritual Varanasi ghats to historical wonders like the Ajanta and Ellora caves. Moreover, the country boasts mesmerising natural wonders, from the backwaters of Kerala to the scenic landscapes of Himachal Pradesh.
We’ve covered the famous temples in India, historical sites, and much more in this guide to aid you plan a perfect trip to India. Whether you want to explore nature, experience culture, or dive into spirituality, India offers something for every traveller. Exploring India is a once in a lifetime experience that shouldn’t be missed for the world.