UAE, the land of deserts, skyscrapers, beaches, and culture, is a must-visit destination on every traveller’s list. Constituting the 7 emirates, namely, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, and Umm Al Quwain, this country has much to explore. The 7 Emirates of UAE boast of their authenticity, culture, and astonishing skyscrapers that’ll leave you amazed. If you’re planning to visit the UAE, it’s essential to know more about its currency, commute, shopping centres, places to visit & other important information. In this guide, we’ve added all the information you may need to plan a perfect holiday in the UAE. Read till the end to get the hang of all the required information before taking off to UAE.
When To Plan a Trip To UAE?
Being a Middle Eastern country covered with desert, UAE stays hot & sunny most of the year. The best time to visit UAE is between November & March when the temperature stays between 24°C to 30°C. The weather is pleasant and allows you to indulge in most outdoor activities. Also, the UAE hosts various festivals and events during the winter months, including the Dubai Shopping Festival, Abu Dhabi Art Fair, and Dubai Food Festival, which provide added entertainment and cultural experiences.
Before jumping to each emirate individually, here is some basic information about UAE’s currency and its conversion rates according to different regions.
UAE’s currency is Dirham.
- 1 Dirham = 0.27 USD
- 1 Dirham = 0.25 Euros
- 1 Dirham = 22.42 INR
The 7 Emirates Of UAE
UAE is a constituency of the 7 emirates, each offering visitors a unique & enticing experience. Let’s explore each separately and learn more about their best places, shopping centres, and food.
Abu Dhabi, the UAE’s capital city, combines modernity with rich cultural heritage. It has the largest area among the 7 Emirates of UAE. Abu Dhabi offers stunning waterfront views along the Corniche, while the Mangrove National Park provides a tranquil escape. Yas Island entices visitors with Ferrari World and the Formula 1 track, while Saadiyat Island offers cultural experiences at the Louvre Abu Dhabi. Shopping enthusiasts can explore traditional souks and upscale malls. Abu Dhabi’s blend of world-class entertainment, dining, natural beauty, and a thriving cultural scene makes it a captivating destination for travellers from around the globe.
Places To Stay in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi has many fascinating destinations to stay & enjoy the ambience and luxury. Here are some top locations to have a perfect stay in Abu Dhabi.
- Corniche: The Corniche area is popular with visitors as it is along the waterfront. It offers a range of luxury hotels with stunning views of the Arabian Gulf and easy access to the Corniche Beach and promenade.
- Yas Island: If you’re looking for a vibrant and entertainment-filled experience, consider staying on Yas Island. It is home to world-class hotels and resorts, including those near the Yas Marina Circuit and the attractions of Yas Island, such as Ferrari World and Yas Waterworld.
- Saadiyat Island: Saadiyat Island is known for its luxurious resorts and pristine beaches. It also offers cultural attractions like the Louvre Abu Dhabi. Staying on Saadiyat Island provides a serene and upscale experience.
- Downtown Abu Dhabi: The city centre of Abu Dhabi, with its mix of modern skyscrapers and traditional architecture, is an excellent option for those who want to be close to cultural attractions, shopping malls, and the bustling city vibe. It offers a variety of hotels catering to different budgets.
Commuting In Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi offers a range of transportation options to navigate the city and explore its attractions. Here are some key transportation modes available in Abu Dhabi:
- Taxis: Taxis are readily available throughout the city and are convenient and reliable. Taxis can be hailed on the street or booked through ride-hailing apps like Uber and Careem.
- Buses: Abu Dhabi has an extensive public bus network operated by the Department of Transport. The buses cover various routes within the city and connect different neighbourhoods.
- Ferries: Abu Dhabi’s water transportation system includes ferry services operating between various locations, such as Abu Dhabi City, Yas Island, and Saadiyat Island. Ferries provide a scenic way to travel and enjoy views of the city’s skyline and coastline.
- Car Rental: Renting a car is popular for visitors who prefer flexibility and independence. Several car rental companies have branches in Abu Dhabi, and the city has a well-developed road infrastructure.
Things To Do In Abu Dhabi
The vibrant city of Abu Dhabi offers many enticing things to do. Here’s a list of some of the exciting things to do in Abu Dhabi that you shouldn’t miss.
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque: Visit the iconic Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, one of the world’s largest mosques. Admire its stunning architecture, intricate details, and peaceful ambience.
- Louvre Abu Dhabi: Immerse yourself in art and culture at the Louvre Abu Dhabi. Explore its vast collection of artworks worldwide, showcasing historical and contemporary pieces.
- Qasr Al Hosn: Discover Abu Dhabi’s rich heritage at Qasr Al Hosn, the oldest stone building in the city. Learn about the emirate’s history, traditions, and cultural significance through exhibits and interactive displays.
- Mangrove Kayaking: Explore Abu Dhabi’s unique mangrove ecosystem on a kayaking adventure.
Shopping & Street Food Centres
Abu Dhabi is filled with astonishing shopping & street food centres where you can shop & eat to your heart’s delight. Here are some must-visit shopping & street food centres.
- Hamdam Street: It blends international brands, department stores, and smaller shops. This bustling street is perfect for shopping enthusiasts looking for various options.
- Al Wahda Mall: A large shopping complex in the heart of Abu Dhabi. It houses numerous retail outlets, including international brands, and a food court and entertainment options for the whole family.
- Madinat Zayed Shopping Center: For a traditional shopping experience, head to the Madinat Zayed Shopping Center. This vibrant souk offers many shops selling textiles, jewellery, electronics, and traditional Arabian handicrafts.
- Al Falah Street: It is a hub for food lovers, offering a wide range of international cuisines and local Emirati dishes. Explore this vibrant street’s numerous restaurants, cafes, and eateries.
- Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Street: Also known as Electra Street, it offers an array of budget-friendly eateries and cafes serving diverse cuisines, including Indian, Lebanese, Pakistani, and Arabic.
- Al Khaleej Al Arabi Street: A popular dining destination with a wide selection of restaurants offering a range of international flavours, including Middle Eastern, Asian, and European cuisines.
Ajman is the smallest of the 7 emirates of UAE but holds a distinct charm. With its tranquil atmosphere and beautiful coastline along the Arabian Gulf, Ajman offers a relaxed escape from the bustling cities. Visitors can enjoy pristine sandy beaches, explore traditional markets (souks) such as the Ajman Fish Market, and discover historical sites like the Ajman Museum housed in an 18th-century fortress. The emirate also offers a range of hotels and resorts, making it an ideal destination for those seeking a peaceful and authentic experience in the UAE.
Places To Stay In Ajman
Ajman offers many luxurious & ambient stays; here are some of the top places to stay in Ajman you must check out before booking a hotel.
- Ajman Saray, a Luxury Collection Resort: This luxurious beachfront resort offers stunning views of the Arabian Gulf, elegant rooms, and a range of amenities, including multiple restaurants, a spa, and a private beach.
- Fairmont Ajman: Located on the Ajman Corniche, Fairmont Ajman is a five-star hotel offering luxurious accommodations, a private beach, multiple dining options, and a range of leisure facilities.
- The Oberoi Beach Resort, Al Zorah: Located in the Al Zorah development, this luxury resort offers luxurious villas with private pools, a spa, a golf course, and direct access to a pristine beach.
- Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Ajman: Situated in downtown Ajman, this hotel offers spacious rooms, a rooftop pool, a fitness centre, and convenient access to the city’s attractions.
Commuting In Ajman
Commuting in Ajman is relatively straightforward and convenient. Here are some common modes of transportation available in Ajman.
- Taxis: They operate on a metered fare system, and the drivers are generally familiar with the main landmarks and destinations in the city.
- Public Buses: Ajman has a well-developed public bus system operated by the Ajman Public Transport Corporation. The bus network covers various routes within the city and connects to neighbouring emirates like Sharjah and Dubai.
- Ride-Hailing Services: Uber and Careem operate in Ajman, providing an additional convenient and reliable option for getting around the city.
Things To Do In Ajman
Ajman offers many exciting activities to do. From museums to scenic locations, here’s a list of top stimulating things to do in Ajman.
- Ajman Museum: Discover the rich history and heritage of Ajman at the Ajman Museum, housed in an 18th-century fort. Explore the exhibits showcasing traditional artefacts, archaeological findings, and local art.
- Ajman Dhow Yard: Visit the Ajman Dhow Yard, where traditional wooden dhows (boats) are built using ancient techniques. Witness the craftsmanship and learn about the maritime heritage of the region.
- Golfing: Golf enthusiasts can enjoy a round of golf at the Al Zorah Golf Club, an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Nicklaus Design. Experience the challenging fairways and stunning coastal views.
- Relax on Ajman’s Beaches: Ajman is known for its beautiful sandy beaches. Spend a relaxing day sunbathing, swimming, or enjoying water sports activities along the coastline.
Shopping & Street Food Centres
If you’re looking for some great shopping & street food in Ajman, these are the places that you must check out.
- City Centre: It is a popular shopping destination with a wide range of retail stores, including fashion, electronics, and home goods. It also features a food court and entertainment options for the whole family.
- Ajman China Mall: A unique shopping experience known for its wide selection of products from China, including clothing, accessories, electronics, and household items.
Street Food Centres
- Al Bustan Street: Located in the heart of Ajman, Al Bustan Street is a popular spot for street food. Various food vendors sell local Emirati snacks, falafel, shawarma, grilled meats, and more.
- Al Jurf Industrial Area: The Al Jurf Industrial Area is known for its food trucks and street food stalls. You can find a variety of cuisines, including Arabic, Indian, Pakistani, and international flavours, offering a wide range of dishes.
Also Read: 15 Stunning Places To Visit In Saudi Arabia
One of the most famous destinations among the 7 emirates of UAE, Dubai is a glittering metropolis of luxury, innovation, and architectural marvels. It is renowned for its iconic landmarks like the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, and the Palm Jumeirah, an artificial island shaped like a palm tree. Dubai offers an unparalleled shopping experience, with grand malls, traditional souks, and luxury boutiques. Dubai is a testament to ambition and modernity, where dreams come to life.
Places To Stay In Dubai
Dubai has many exotic & exquisite places to stay, from luxurious to budget-friendly options. You can find many beautiful hotels & resorts here. Some of them are:
- Burj Al Arab Jumeirah: Known as the world’s most luxurious hotel, Burj Al Arab offers unparalleled luxury and iconic views. It features luxurious suites, exquisite dining options, and a private beach.
- Ramada Downtown Dubai: This hotel offers modern rooms, a rooftop pool, a fitness centre, and various dining options & is among the best hotels near Burj Khalifa.
- Armani Hotel Dubai: Located within the Burj Khalifa, Armani Hotel Dubai offers luxurious accommodations and direct access to the iconic building. It provides stunning views of the city skyline and offers a range of amenities and dining options, placing it among the top luxurious hotels near Burj Khalifa.
Commuting in Dubai
Dubai offers a variety of commuting options to navigate the city and explore its attractions. Here are some common modes of transportation available in Dubai:
- Dubai Metro: The Dubai Metro is a modern and efficient way to get around the city. It consists of two lines, the Red Line and the Green Line, which connect major areas of Dubai.
- Dubai Tram: The Dubai Tram connects areas along the Dubai Marina and Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR). It offers a convenient way to travel within these areas, connecting to the Dubai Metro stations.
- Dubai Water Bus and Dubai Water Taxi: For a scenic and unique way to travel, Dubai offers water buses and water taxis along the Dubai Creek and Dubai Marina. These options provide an enjoyable experience and connect various waterfront destinations.
- Private Cars: Dubai has a well-developed road infrastructure and many residents and visitors use private cars to commute. Renting a car is also an option for those who prefer flexibility and independence.
Things To Do In Dubai
Dubai is famous for its fascinating tourist places & fun activities. Here are some of the fun things to do in Dubai.
- Desert Safari: Embark on a thrilling desert safari adventure. Enjoy dune bashing in 4×4 vehicles, try sandboarding, ride a camel, and indulge in a traditional Bedouin-style dinner with live entertainment under the starlit desert sky.
- Dubai Marina: Stroll along the vibrant Dubai Marina promenade, lined with restaurants, cafes, and luxury yachts. Enjoy a dhow cruise, go jet skiing, or relax on the beach while admiring modern architecture.
- Jumeirah Beach: Relax on the pristine shores of Jumeirah Beach. Enjoy sunbathing, swimming in the turquoise waters, and water sports like parasailing and flyboarding.
Top Attractions In Dubai
- Burj Khalifa: Visit the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world and one of the top attractions in Dubai. Take the panoramic views of Dubai from its observation decks and don’t miss the stunning Dubai Fountain show at the tower’s base.
- Dubai Mall: Explore the Dubai Mall, one of the largest shopping malls globally and one of the best places to visit in Dubai with family, featuring high-end boutiques, entertainment options, and the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo.
- Dubai Creek and Abra Ride: Take a traditional abra (water taxi) ride along the historic Dubai Creek. Explore the Gold and Spice Souks, visit the Dubai Museum, and immerse yourself in the city’s rich heritage.
- Aquaventure Waterpark: Located at Atlantis, The Palm, Aquaventure is a fantastic water park with thrilling slides, a lazy river, and a large aquarium; among the best places to visit in Dubai with family. It’s an ideal spot to cool off and enjoy water-based activities.
Shopping & Food Centres
- Mall of the Emirates: A famous shopping centre, the Mall of the Emirates, is known for its extensive retail offerings, including fashion, electronics, home decor, and more. It is also home to Ski Dubai, an indoor ski resort.
- Ibn Battuta Mall: This themed shopping mall is inspired by the travels of the famous Arab explorer Ibn Battuta. It features six zones representing different countries and eras, offering a unique shopping experience.
- Dubai Marina Mall: Located in the heart of Dubai Marina, this mall offers a waterfront shopping experience with a wide range of fashion, lifestyle, and dining options. It also offers beautiful views of the marina.
- Al Rigga Street: This bustling street in Deira is known for its diverse street food scene. You’ll find a variety of Middle Eastern and Asian street food stalls offering delicious shawarmas, falafels, kebabs, and more.
- The Brass Dubai: Situated on City Walk, The Brass Dubai is a stylish & among the best cafes in Dubai with a European-inspired menu. It offers a variety of breakfast dishes, salads, sandwiches, pastries, and a range of speciality coffees and teas.
- The Walk at Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR): The Walk is a vibrant outdoor promenade at JBR, lined with numerous cafes, restaurants, and street food stalls. It offers a lively atmosphere and a variety of cuisines to choose from.
Check Out: Top 15 Things To Do In Dubai
Fujairah is the most picturesque emirate among the 7 emirates of UAE. It is known for its stunning natural beauty and rich history. It is on the east coast and offers pristine white-sand beaches, turquoise waters, and breathtaking mountain views. The emirate is home to the historic Fujairah Fort, which showcases traditional Emirati architecture. Fujairah’s unique blend of natural wonders and cultural heritage makes it a captivating destination for those seeking tranquillity and adventure.
Places To Stay In Fujairah
Fujairah has many luxurious & budget-friendly places to stay, aiding you in selecting the place that suits your requirements & budget the most. Some of them are
- Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort: A luxurious beachfront resort offering spacious rooms, multiple dining options, a spa, and a range of recreational activities.
- Nour Arjaan by Rotana: This hotel offers spacious apartments with kitchenettes, a rooftop pool, and a fitness centre.
- City Tower Hotel: This affordable hotel features well-appointed rooms, a restaurant, and a rooftop swimming pool.
- Hilton Fujairah Resort: Situated on the shores of the Arabian Gulf, it offers spacious rooms, a private beach, water sports activities, and multiple dining options.
Commuting in Fujairah
Fujairah is a well-developed emirate where you can find many commuting options. The most convenient ones are private cars, taxis, public buses, and car rentals. You can also choose to walk or ride a bicycle in the emirate to embrace its beauty to the fullest.
Things To Do In Fujairah
Being home to many beautiful landscapes, Fujairah has many tourist attractions & activities that’ll give you an unforgettable experience. Here are some of the things you can’t miss in Fujairah.
- Fujairah Beaches: Enjoy the pristine beaches of Fujairah, such as Al Aqah Beach and Sandy Beach. Relax on the white sands, swim in the turquoise waters, or indulge in water sports activities like snorkelling and diving.
- Water Sports: Fujairah is renowned for its diving and snorkelling opportunities. The waters are teeming with marine life and coral reefs, making it an excellent spot for underwater exploration. You can also try kayaking, jet skiing, and fishing.
- Al Hail Fort: Explore the Al Hail Fort, a historical fortification located in the Al Hail area. It provides a glimpse into the region’s past and offers scenic views.
Shopping & Food Centres
Fujairah has many exciting places to shop & eat. Check out some of them here.
- Fujairah City Centre: This modern shopping mall is one of the largest in Fujairah and features a wide range of retail outlets, including fashion brands, electronics stores, and home decor shops. It also houses a food court and various dining options.
- Lulu Mall Fujairah: Lulu Mall is a well-known shopping destination in the city’s heart. It offers diverse products, including clothing, electronics, household items, and groceries. The mall also features a food court and several restaurants.
- Al Meshwar Restaurant and Cafe: This popular eatery in Fujairah offers a mix of Arabic and international cuisine. It serves dishes like shawarma, grilled meats, salads, and sandwiches in a casual setting.
- Al Hatta Fort Hotel: Located in the Hajar Mountains near Fujairah, Al Hatta Fort Hotel is known for its scenic views and culinary offerings. The hotel has several restaurants and cafes serving international and Arabic cuisine.
Ras Al Khaimah
Known for its natural beauty, Ras Al Khaimah is another stunning emirate among the 7 emirates of UAE. It boasts breathtaking white-sand beaches, majestic mountains, and the highest peak in the UAE, Jebel Jais. Explore historical landmarks like Dhayah Fort and the National Museum of Ras Al Khaimah, delve into the vibrant local culture at the Al Qawasim Corniche, and enjoy thrilling outdoor adventures such as ziplining and mountain hiking.
Places To Stay In Ras Al Khaimah
- Bedouin Oasis Desert Camp: Experience a traditional Bedouin-style camping adventure in the desert with tent accommodations, cultural activities, and delicious meals.
- Citymax Hotel Ras Al Khaimah: A value-for-money hotel with comfortable rooms, a rooftop pool, and various dining options.
- Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert: Located in the desert, this luxury resort offers private pool villas, desert activities, and a spa.
Commuting In Ras Al Khaimah
You can commute in the emirate through taxis, public buses, rented cars, and ride-sharing from Uber or Careem.
Things To Do In Ras Al Khaimah
- Jebel Jais: Visit Jebel Jais, the highest peak in the UAE, and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. You can also experience the exhilarating Jebel Jais Flight, the world’s longest zipline.
- Al Marjan Island: Relax and unwind at Al Marjan Island, a man-made island known for its pristine beaches and luxury resorts. Enjoy water sports, sunbathe, or simply enjoy the stunning coastal scenery.
- Hiking and Outdoor Adventures: Explore the rugged Hajar Mountains and go hiking or biking on the various trails. You can also try rock climbing, off-roading, or camping in the wilderness.
Shopping & Street Food Centres
- Al Naeem Mall: Located in the heart of Ras Al Khaimah, Al Naeem Mall is a modern shopping destination with a wide selection of retail outlets, including fashion, electronics, and home decor stores.
- Manar Mall: Situated near the waterfront, Manar Mall offers a mix of local and international brands. It features a hypermarket, entertainment options like a cinema and various dining choices.
Street Food Centres
- Al Nakheel Street: Known for its street food scene, Al Nakheel Street offers a range of local and international cuisines. You can find shawarma, falafel, Arabic sweets, and other tasty treats from various food stalls and restaurants.
- Corniche Al Fahidi: Located near Al Marjan Island, Corniche Al Fahidi is a popular waterfront promenade with food kiosks and stalls. You can sample various street food, including Arabic snacks, ice cream, and beverages.
Also known as the cultural capital of Arab, Sharjah is among the most culturally preserved emirates of the 7 emirates of UAE. With its numerous museums, including the Sharjah Art Museum and Sharjah Heritage Museum, it offers a glimpse into the region’s history and art. The emirate is home to beautifully restored historic buildings, bustling souks, and traditional markets like the Blue Souk, where visitors can shop for textiles, jewellery, and spices.
Places To Stay In Sharjah
- Al Bait Sharjah: A luxurious boutique hotel housed in historic buildings, offering a blend of heritage charm and modern amenities.
- Lou Lou’a Beach Resort: This budget-friendly resort features simple yet comfortable rooms, a pool, and direct access to the beach.
- Centro Sharjah: A contemporary hotel offering comfortable rooms, a pool, a fitness centre, and multiple dining options.
Things To Do In Sharjah
- Al Qasba: Explore Al Qasba, a vibrant waterfront destination offering a range of attractions. Take a leisurely walk along the canal, ride the Eye of the Emirates Ferris wheel for panoramic views, or visit the Maraya Art Centre and enjoy art exhibitions.
- Al Noor Island: Escape to this serene island retreat featuring beautifully landscaped gardens, art installations, and a butterfly house. Take a walk through the illuminated pathways and relax in the tranquil surroundings.
- Sharjah Desert Park: Explore the natural beauty and wildlife of the Arabian Desert at the Sharjah Desert Park. The park encompasses the Sharjah Natural History Museum, Arabian Wildlife Center, and Children’s Farm, offering a blend of educational and recreational experiences.
- Al Majaz Waterfront: Enjoy leisurely walks, waterfront dining, and live entertainment at Al Majaz Waterfront. The promenade offers stunning views of the Khalid Lagoon and hosts events such as light shows and musical performances.
Shopping & Street Food Centres
- Sahara Centre: Located on the Dubai-Sharjah highway, Sahara Centre is one of the largest shopping malls in Sharjah. It features a wide variety of stores, including fashion, electronics, home decor, and a selection of dining options.
- Mega Mall: Situated in the heart of Sharjah, Mega Mall is a popular shopping destination with various retail outlets, including fashion brands, beauty products, electronics, and a food court with various cuisines.
Street Food Centres
- Al Wahda Street: This bustling street has numerous street food vendors and small restaurants. You can find a variety of dishes, including shawarma, falafel, grilled meats, Arabic sweets, and more.
- Al Rolla Square: Located in the heart of Sharjah, Al Rolla Square is known for its vibrant street food scene. You can find food stalls and small eateries offering a mix of Arabic, Indian, Pakistani, and other international cuisines.
Umm Al Quwain
Umm Al Quwain, one of the 7 emirates of UAE, is a tranquil and scenic destination on the Arabian Gulf coast. The emirate offers a more serene and untouched experience than some neighbouring emirates. With its picturesque landscapes, including mangrove forests, salt flats, and coastal areas, Umm Al Quwain is a haven for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
Places To Stay In Umm Al Quwain
- Barracuda Beach Resort: This beachfront resort offers comfortable rooms, a private beach, swimming pools, and various recreational activities.
- Pearl Beach Hotel & Spa: Located on the beachfront, this hotel offers comfortable rooms, a swimming pool, fitness centre, and dining options.
- Umm Al Quwain Camping Village: This beachside camping village provides tents and camping facilities, allowing visitors to enjoy a relaxed beach experience.
Things To Do In Umm Al Quwain
- Umm Al Quwain Marine Club: Engage in water sports activities such as jet skiing, kayaking, and sailing at the Umm Al Quwain Marine Club. The club also offers fishing trips and boat rentals for those looking to explore the coastal waters.
- UAQ Motor Racing Club: Experience the thrill of karting and other motorsport activities at the UAQ Motor Racing Club. The facility features a race track where visitors can test their skills and enjoy competitive racing.
- Bird Watching at Al Sinniyah Island: Embark on a birdwatching excursion to Al Sinniyah Island, a sanctuary for migratory birds. Spot a variety of bird species in their natural habitat and take in the tranquil beauty of the island.
Shopping & Street Food Centres
- Umm Al Quwain Co-op Society: This supermarket and shopping centre is a one-stop destination for groceries, household items, and a variety of retail stores offering clothing, electronics, and more.
- China Mall Umm Al Quwain: Known as the “Dragon Mart of Umm Al Quwain,” this mall features a wide range of shops selling a variety of products, including electronics, home goods, clothing, accessories, and more.
Street Food Centres
- Al Salam Street: Located in the heart of Umm Al Quwain, Al Salam Street is known for its vibrant street food scene. You can find food stalls and small eateries offering a mix of local Emirati cuisine, Arabian delicacies, and international flavours.
- Traditional Souks: Explore the traditional souks (markets) in Umm Al Quwain, where you can find a variety of street food vendors offering traditional Emirati dishes, snacks, and sweets. These markets provide an authentic local experience.
Some Points To Keep In Mind
- Respect for Culture and Customs: The 7 emirates of UAE have a rich cultural heritage, and it’s essential to respect local traditions and customs. Dress modestly in public areas, especially in religious and cultural sites.
- Alcohol Consumption: Alcohol consumption is permitted in designated areas such as licensed bars, restaurants, and hotels. However, public intoxication or drinking and driving are strictly prohibited and can result in severe penalties.
- Currency and Tipping: The official currency of the UAE is the UAE Dirham (AED). It’s customary to tip in hotels, and restaurants, and for services received. While not mandatory, a gratuity of around 10-15% is generally appreciated.
UAE is a beautiful country with culture, natural wonders, and bustling city life combined. The 7 emirates of UAE offer visitors unique experiences & cultural retreats. This guide contains everything you need to know to plan a perfect trip to the UAE. If you wish to learn more about the country & its customs, keep visiting The Trip Suggest, where you’ll get the latest updates & exciting information about the UAE.